August 28, 2007

I am surviving

Can you all survive without your cell phones? I’ve given mine (the so called N-series) for repairing, its been 3 weeks already and my heart is still beating... So, I suppose the answer is yes. And am using some 10 year old model for the time being, and that too just for answering calls, using the text option is quite user “unfriendly”.

We love them so much that some of us sleep with them under the pillow, use them to convey our most intimate secrets to lovers and friends, yet we worry that they are eroding our privacy.

I would say that is no need for just about everything to be stuffed into a device which is essentially used for voice communication and text messages, still technology allows... Most of you won’t agree with me but I guess it depends upon how one uses their phone.
I could live without my mobile phone but I always have it with me for the 'just in case' scenarios!
We all seemed to survive well enough without them before they became common place, and yeah, its bit of a generation thing.
ALSO,
Mobile phones are a great way of pretending you have lots of friends...you just add names to your address book.
BUT True friends don't need technology to keep in touch, do they?

No comments: